These rules are in place to ensure the safety of our students, staff, and community. Please do your part to ensure the safety of all by following through on these procedures.
Use of School Driveways and Parking Lots
Please do not enter any of the school driveways during the school day for the purpose of picking up or dropping off students. Only school staff and parents/guardians with a red tag issued by the school office are permitted to enter the driveways and parking lots at drop off and pick up times on school days.
Entry into the Leopold Building
- Prior to 7:35 am: Students and parents wishing to enter the school building prior to 7:35 am must do so through our main doors that face Post Road near our main school office. These doors are marked with a large number 1.
- 7:35 am: At this time our morning bell rings and students are let into the building through several different doors.
- 7:35-8:00 am: Parents and students first arriving to Leopold between these two times must enter the school through the main doors (No. 1) that face Post Road near our main school office. DO NOT drop your child off in our upper parking lot as students dropped off in this location will have to walk around to the main doors on Post Road.
- After 8:00 am: With the exception of those participating in PM 4K, parents and students arriving to Leopold after 8:00 am must come to the west facing doors near the back of our upper parking lot and use the buzzer to gain entry. These doors are marked with a large number 3.
- 4K Students: AM 4K students are picked up in the classroom at 10:30 am. PM 4K students should be dropped off in the classroom beginning at 11:30 AM. After 11:35 am, late arriving 4K students should come to the west facing doors (No. 3) near the back of our upper parking lot and use the buzzer to gain entry. Parents may enter the outside door closest to the 4K classroom for drop off and pick at the above listed times. This door is marked with a large number 2.
- End of the School Day: Please do not pull your vehicle into our parking lots to wait for your children.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up on Post Road:
West Facing Doors (Entrance 3)
Before stopping on either side of Post Road, please read and respect the signs in the area where you want to stop. Please note that the cities of Madison and Fitchburg (not Leopold School) have determined traffic and parking rules along Post Road.
- If an area is signed No Parking, you can stop at the curb to drop-off or pick-up your children. You have to stay in your car or immediately next to it if you stop in these areas. You may not leave your vehicle to come into the school when stopped in a No Parking zone.
- If an area is signed No Stopping, Standing or Parking, then you cannot drop-off, pick-up or park in this area at any time.
- If you are across the street from the school, have your children walk to the Adult School Crossing Guard at the crosswalk in front of the school to cross Post Road. We strongly discourage use of the crosswalk west of Leopold Way.